Frequently Asked Questions
Where Can I buy Organic Valley Fuel?
Find products near you by using our store locator.
What is Organic Valley Organic Fuel?
Organic Valley Organic Fuel is a nutritious and delicious high protein milk shake developed to support the body's muscle recovery after physical exertion. Organic Fuel is powerful nutrition packed with protein, natural carbohydrates and essential nutrients from a simple list of organic and fair trade ingredients.
What's the protein source in Organic Valley Organic Fuel?
The protein in Organic Valley Organic Fuel comes from real organic milk from pasture-raised cows on Organic Valley family farms, not from chalky protein powder. The naturally occurring milk protein is a combination of 20% whey and 80% casein. Find out more »
Why is protein good for me?
Protein is a primary building block in muscle, bones, skin and blood. Consuming enough protein satisfies your appetite more completely, as well as aids in post-workout recovery and supports muscle and tissue repair in general. The protein in Organic Fuel Whey Protein Powder is a superior quality whey protein that occurs naturally in milk. Whey is a “fast-acting” protein that the body can break down and absorb quickly. Whey protein helps promote muscle growth and strength. Casein is a “slow-acting” protein because it takes longer to digest and is slowly released into the bloodstream. Both proteins are desirable for building muscle mass.
What are Casein and Whey?
For those who are looking to build muscle mass, the difference between the two proteins is the amount of time it takes for the body to metabolize the protein. Casein is a slow-acting protein, and whey is a fast-acting protein. It takes the body 3 to 4 hours to metabolize casein protein; whereas, whey protein can be metabolized in 20 minutes. Both proteins are desirable for building muscle mass.
Does Organic Valley Organic Fuel require refrigeration?
Organic Fuel can be stored unrefrigerated between 33 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit, but for maximum longevity and flavor retention they should be stored refrigerated. Organic Fuel tastes best when chilled.
How long does Organic Valley Organic Balance and Organic Fuel stay good once I open the bottle?
We recommend using Organic Fuel within five days when refrigerated after opening.
What's the carbohydrate source in Organic Valley Organic Fuel?
The carbohydrates in Organic Fuel come from a combination of naturally occurring milk sugar, lactose and unrefined, fair trade, organic cane sugar. The lactose in these products is broken down by adding the lactase enzyme, which forms two simple sugars, glucose and galactose. The addition of lactase makes Organic Fuel lactose free.
Can I use Organic Fuel to gain weight?
Weight gain strategies should focus on eating more healthy and nutritious calories and protein along with proper strength training to make sure weight gain happens in the right places. Protein builds your muscles and keeps you satisfied longer and natural carbohydrates help with quick muscle recovery. Along with Organic Fuel, a balanced diet can include other Organic Valley products such as white or chocolate milk, cottage cheese and eggs.
How is Organic Valley Organic Fuel packaged?
Organic Fuel is packaged in 11-ounce HDPE (#2) plastic bottles. They are sold as singles, and in 4-packs and 12-packs.
What is filtered skim milk?
Organic milk that has been filtered through a membrane to reduce the lactose and water components, resulting in milk with a concentrated protein and calcium content.
Which ingredients are fair trade-sourced and where are they from?
The vanilla is fair trade-sourced from India. The cocoa is a blend of beans sourced from Conacado Cooperative in the Dominican Republic and Naranjillo Cooperative in Peru. The sugar is fair trade sourced from Brazil.
Is Organic Valley Organic Fuel lactose and gluten free?
What makes Organic Valley dairy products USDA certified organic?
All Organic Valley dairy products are crafted with organic milk produced by our cooperative of family farmers working in harmony with nature.
- All of our family farms are certified organic by the USDA.
- Certified organic farms are required to follow the strict production rules of the USDA’s National Organic Standards (www.ams.usda.gov/nop), and are inspected and audited for compliance by an independent third-party at least once every year.
- Organic farmers do not use antibiotics, synthetic hormones, toxic pesticides or GMOs.
- In the event of a life-threatening situation, antibiotics or other prohibited medications will be given to an animal. Those animals must then be permanently removed from organic production.
- To become certified organic, pasture and the land on which it is grown cannot be treated with synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides or GMOs for a minimum of three years.
- Organic feed must not contain GMOs or products from GMO sources.
- Every truckload of Organic Valley milk is tested for antibiotics, temperature and bacteria. All the processing facilities we partner with are inspected to verify that organic product is never mixed with conventional product or non-approved ingredients.
Do you use GMOs?
Organic Valley NEVER USES GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS (GMO's) or ingredients from such organisms in any of our products. This includes the feed that our animals receive. Organic Valley will never knowingly or willingly utilize GMO's in any of our products, processes or feed.
How can I find out more about organic animal care?
Organic production practices are both earth and animal friendly. Input from concerned consumers, the American Humane Society (AHA) and the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) was reviewed and used when the National Organic Standards for Animal Care were created. Organic Valley farmers go further because:
- we farm in harmony with nature
- we provide conditions for optimal production and well-being without the use of synthetic hormones
- we practice holistic and preventative animal health care and
- our farms are appropriate in scale